Emergency First Aid At Work
The aim of the EFAW is to enable a candidate to be able to act as an appointed person to take charge of the first aid arrangements, including looking after the equipment and facilities and calling the Emergency Medical Services when required.
All delegates also receive a course pack including a first aid manual and personal First Aid Kit.
Who should attend?
Small to medium low risk companies
Large companies wishing to back up their FAW trained staff.
What you will learn
The course will give you the knowledge and confidence to deal with a first aid emergency in the workplace.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection;
- The need for recording incidents and actions;
- Use of available equipment;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock; provide appropriate first aid for minor Injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Training course will last at least 6 contact hours.
We can tailor courses to each companies individual requirements for example at a week-ends to reduce downtime for employers.
Assessment and certification
The qualification is assessed as set out below:
- Continual assessment by the tutor;
- Completion of the Final Worksheet to the satisfaction of the course tutor.